Saturday, September 8, 2012

What do you want?

Working full time and doing coaching school full time is hard. On top of that I am a single mother to two daughters who are 7 and 10. It is HARD. I keep my focus on the end result, and I know that this is well worth it. I have always known I do not want to work for lawyers for the rest of my life. I want to do something that gives me freedom, financial abundance, ability to travel, make my own hours and the list goes on. The feeling that these things will give me is Joy, Happiness and Peace. I want to do something that I am passionate about. Even though I am not yet certified as a Life Coach (I will be in 2013), I know I am good at it. Partly because people I have coached to date say that its like I have already been doing this for a long time. I have alot of wisdom from my life experiences that I can use to help other people.  I cannot wait until I am certified and have a full time coaching practice. It gives me goosbumps just thinking about it.

When there is something that you want you want to ask yourself three questions:

  1. What do I want?
  2. Why do I want it?
  3. What is the feeling that this thing will bring me once I have it?

If you ask these three important questions sometimes the answers may surprise you. For me, I want my own abundant full time coaching practice. I want it because I want to help other people, be financially abundant, be my own boss, and to do whatever it is I want. The feeling that these things will bring me is Joy, Happiness & Peace.

So ask yourself, what do you want, why do you want it, and what is the feeling that having this thing will bring you?  This is a very simple yet powerful process.  It helps to really get clear.

If you cannot answer numbers 2 and 3 then chances are you probably don't really want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment